The legendary Pakistani politician Fatehyab Ali Khan (1936-2010) was for many years the Chairman of The Pakistan Institute of International Affairs. Speaking to the members of PIIA in a session chaired by Dr Masuma Hasan on 1 October 2016, Senate chairman Raza Rabbani said: “Today we find that we are where Fatehyab left us and have not progressed after that. Article 6 of the Constitution failed to bring a culprit, a former head of state, to book, and allowed him to leave the country.” Dr Masuma’s speech is available below.
- This Blog is part of the social media and online publishing project at The Pakistan Institute of International Affairs. Unlike most other institutes in the country, we do not receive any foreign funding and are completely free from external influence. Email email@example.com for further information in relation to any queries you may have. Thanks, Editors.
- There will not be significant changes in the overall relationship between the United Kingdom and Pakistan after the recent General Election in Britain, said His Excellency Mr. Philip Barton, the British High Commissioner. The high-ranking western diplomat articulated his thoughts at a talk he gave at The Pakistan Institute of International Affairs on 11 June 2015.
- His Excellency Mr. Alexey Y. Dedov, Ambassador of the Russian Federation in Pakistan addressed the members of The Pakistan Institute of International Affairs on Friday, 10 April 2015 and he explained that the downturn in Russia-Pakistan trade is ‘only temporary’.
LIBRARY HOURSTHE LIBRARY IS OPEN FROM 9AM TO 7PM FROM MONDAY TO SATURDAY. FRIDAY CLOSURE FOR PRAYERS.
- PIIA EVENTApril 10th, 2015His Excellency Mr. Alexey Y. Dedov, Ambassador of the Russian Federation addressed PIIA members
Latest Pakistan Horizon
Pakistan HorizonMy Tweets
- Adviser Sartaj Aziz: The Role of Russia and China is Vital for Regional Changes
- ‘The Legacy of Barack Obama’: A Talk by Ambassador Karamatullah Ghori
- Pakistan’s Seventieth Anniversary and International Relations in 2017
- ‘A German Perspective on Pakistan and its Big Neighbours’: A Talk by Professor Conrad Schetter
- ‘The Future of Afghanistan’: A Talk by Professor Marvin Weinbaum
- Trump Card: Mastermind of America
- Why Hillary Clinton Lost
- Issues of Concern in Pakistan
- A Talk by Raza Rabbani in Memory of Fatehyab Ali Khan
- When Time Stood Still
TAGS1971 War Africa Aid Balkans Banks Bhutto Biography BJP Chechnya Civil Society Congress Democracy Development Economy Espionage Fatah FMU Forced Marriage Fortune-Telling Foucault Genocide Hillary Clinton Holocaust ICJ Incorporation Independent India Indian Muslims Inter-State Arbitration Iraq Invasion ISIS Islam Israel Jeremy Corbyn Jirga Kalat Karachi Labour Library Libya Literature Middle East Mossad Muslim Socialists Nasser Nigeria Nuclear Proliferation Pakistan Pakistan Army Palestine PCA People Smuggling PLO Raj RASM Religion Russia Sam Cam Saudi Arabia Secularism Socialism Sri Lanka Stalin Supreme Court Telegraph Terrorism UK UN United Nations UNWGAD US Water Women Women's Rights World Bank
- Company Law
- Constitution 1973
- Great Britain
- Honour Killing
- Indus Waters Treaty
- International Relations
- Khilafat Movement
- Middle East
- Nuclear Disarmament
- South Asia
- South China Sea
Sarwar Hasan FoundationMy Tweets